The Epsom And Ewell Parliamentary Constituency
The parliamentary constituency of Epsom was created by the Redistribution of Seats Act 1885 and became Epsom and Ewell in 1974. From 1868 to 1885 the area was part of the Mid Surrey division, which returned two MPs. The 1885 Act split Mid Surrey into six separate constituencies, which were Chertsey, Epsom, Guildford, Kingston, Reigate and Wimbledon.
Ashtead became part of the Epsom and Ewell division in 1998 and at the same time Banstead was 'moved' to Reigate. The current Epsom and Ewell constituency comprises Epsom, Ewell, Ashtead, Nork and Tattenhams. MPs for Epsom (Epsom and Ewell since 1974), all of whom have belonged to the Conservative Party, are shown below.
**previously the Member for West Surrey since 1860