"The large military port of Richborough was during the war years a massive logistical headache. The port operated 24 hours a day and the SE&CR in conjunction with the army Railway Operating Division (R.O.D) was responsible for all rail movements. The Railway Operating Division drew its manpower from the officers and soldiers of the Royal Engineers many of whom were railwaymen in their civilian lives. The port of Richborough kept the British Army supplied with food, equipment and ammunition throughout the war years. Much of the heavier equipment (such as tanks) were routed to Richborough via Tonbridge, Ashford and Canterbury. Army Service Corps and Ordnance Corps personnel assisted the R.O.D with its primary tasks at Richborough. During the war years many "special" gun-powder trains were carefully loaded at Woolwich Arsenal and were then routed for marshalling via Hither Green and onwards to Charlton and finally Richborough Port Halt."
ROD 1959, built North British, No 22017, delivered January 1919 and served in France until December 1919 but was loaned to LNWR until August 1921 and subsequently stored at Queensferry until sold to LNER, December 1923. Withdrawn March 1964 at Langwith and sent for disposal at BR Doncaster Works, April 1964.which dates the Tattenham Corner photograph later than 1919 and a copy sold at auction has been catalogued '4 February 1920'.
ROD 1960, built North British, No 22018, delivered Jan, 1919, and served in France, but was loaned to NER until August 1921 and subsequently stored at Royds Green until sold to GWR, May 1925. Withdrawn March 1929 at Paddington and sent for disposal to Swindon Works.
ROD 1966, built by North British No. 22024, delivered February 1919 and served in France until circa October 1919, but was loaned to NER until August 1921 and subsequently stored at Royds Green until sold to GWR, May 1925. Withdrawn October 1928 at Oxley and sent for disposal to Swindon Works.